Charter Oak-Ute will be coming back to school on August 24, 2020 with On-Site education occurring. Below you will find information summarized from our Return to Learn Plan to help you understand the three different models and how they will work. Although On-Site learning is preferred, some factors could force families to make the decision to use a virtual system for educating their child and our district will provide that. If circumstances are causing you to want to use the virtual option please notify Mr. Eggeling by August 7th in order to discuss the matter. As a reminder, ALL MODELS ARE REQUIRED, and voluntary participation will not be accepted. Everything counts towards credit received and learning to progress.
On-Site Learning Model:
· All students will be here 5 days a week with regular times and instruction
· Students will go directly to their room after breakfast, or if they are not eating breakfast
· Lunch and Breakfast will not be in classrooms and will be spaced out appropriately
· Elementary recess will occur and outside space will be utilized for distancing
· All Specials will occur at the elementary level
· Hand washing will be stressed and taught
· Disinfecting will occur on a more consistent basis (at least twice daily)
· No assemblies and field trips will occur until further notice
· Outside visitors will be limited and appointments will need to be made if there is a necessity to come into the building
· Junior High activities will be allowed following IHSAA and IGHSAU guidelines
· Guidelines will be followed the best possible way in classrooms and other locations
o Masks are encouraged in case distancing can not occur
o Assigned seating will occur on all buses
· Students – Face coverings are encouraged but not required. There will be disposable face coverings to use in the event you do not bring one. Cloth face masks should be considered if you wish to use one.
· Staff – Each staff member will be issued a face shield and can use it when distancing is not obtainable.
· Buses – face coverings are encouraged due to proximity, but not required.
DAILY SYMPTOM CHECKS
· Please check your child’s temperature daily before school
o Students are asked to stay home if they feel ill for ANY REASON or if they have a temperature of 100.4 or higher
o Students may have temperatures checked if needed
· Staff will perform a self daily wellness check before coming in
o Includes taking your own temperature
o Staff who feel ill will contact administration and will go home
· Good hand washing technique and hand etiquette will be stressed and taught.
· Hand sanitizer and soap will checked and refilled as needed.
· Posters will be displayed near or in bathrooms to remind students of best techniques and practices
· Water fountains will not be used. Our bottle filling station on the second floor will be utilized
CLEANING AND DISINFECTING
· Classrooms and buses will be fogged at least twice daily to disinfect the area
· Hand sanitizing and disinfectant supplies will be available in every room.
· Sharing of supplies will be limited.
Hybrid Learning Model K-8 (If needed)
· The focus will be to have K-4 students in the building at all times.
· 5-8 grade students will be split into a group A and group B and will have assigned days to report
o All Special Education and ELL students will report daily, unless they have chosen the on-line option.
· Mitigation factors are the same as On-Site Learning model
VIRTUAL LEARNING MODEL (If selected or needed)
· Can be used if a family clears this with administration. Cases will be determined on a case by case basis.
· THIS IS REQUIRED LEARNING
· Schedules will be altered to cover core areas and have connections with all teachers.
· For families without internet, you can access downloadable work when connected to a hotspot or the internet.
o Internet is provided at the school free of charge in our parking lot. You can use this to access and download material
o Paper packets can be provided as well, but watching instruction and communication is required
You can access the full plan by going to the documents section at www.co-u.net and find CO-U Return to Learn Plan July 24, 2020.
All the plans are subject to change as needed. More information will be provided as school nears. Thank you all for you attention to this. We look forward to working with you and stay safe!